Christian Counseling CEU.com was developed to offer continuing education credits to Professional Counselors who are Christians and/ or Professional Counselors serving Christian clients. Some of these counselors work in a secular environment while others work alongside churches and missions. Regardless, the training provided here encourages all Professional Counselors to provide quality care to the clients they serve. Christian Counseling CEU strongly encourages participants to review ethical standards presented by the American Counseling Association and apply these doctrines to their work.
The programs found on Christian Counseling CEU meet one or more of the following criteria.
1) Programs are based on Christian counseling principals. In other words, sound counseling techniques are paired with information that is sensitive to the cultural traits shared among the majority of Christians.
2) Programs are based on research that is respectful of Christian culture.
3) Programs advance the knowledge of counselors about the Christian culture and/or addresses societal trends of relevance to Christians.
We acknowledge that among Christians there are a wide range of subcultures. The programs, unless otherwise stated, are intended to better advance the counselor’s knowledge of mainstream Christian culture. Programs specific to Christian sub cultures may be offered to help practitioners better establish rapport with clients who’s denomination or theology differ that than that of the Counselor.
For the purpose of Christian Counseling CEU mainstream Christian culture includes all Christian subcultures who believe:
- the Trinity is one God in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- the full deity and humanity of Christ through the virgin birth
- the authority, inspiration, infallibility, and inerrancy of Scripture
- the spiritual lostness and depravity of the human race
- the substitutionary atonement and bodily resurrection of Christ
- salvation by grace through faith in Christ alone
- the physical return of Christ to rapture the Church and usher in eternity